Activity: rafting, camping, Jungle Safari & trekking
Duration: 7 days/ 6 nights
Route: Kathmandu, Everest Region sightseeing flight, Charaundi, Kuringhat, Chtiwan, Kathmandu
Dates: 26th May 2013 / 5th July 2013 / 9th August 2013 /11 October 2013 /1 November 2013 / 29 November 2013 ( during summer months the rafting is replaced with Pokhara activities- please contact our office for more details)
For other departure dates ,
Nepal is a land of endless fascination. It is a land with ancient history, colourful cultures and people, striking scenery and some of the best treks on earth. Our trip offers a variety of activities to give you a different alternative to the trekking trips Nepal is so famous for. We will explore the Heritage sights of Kathmandu, fly to see the majestic Himalayan region, spend 2 days thrilling rafting adventure in the Trishuli fresh river water originated from the central Himalaya of Nepal, then continue for a Safari to explore the wildlife of Chitwan on elephant back.
“When I arrived at the side of the river for the first time, I had no idea what to expect, I even asked the guide if he thought that I might get wet. He was kind enough not to laugh at me. That was last year; one year and six river journeys later I know that you get very very wet, feel terror in your heart in some of the class 5 rapids, wonder in your soul at the staggering beauty of the rivers and surrounding areas and you know that each river journey will be forever imprinted in your memory”.
Peter and Dana from Germany.
Arrival and Transfer to the hotel ( D)
After arrival, hotel transfer & program briefing, depending on the arrival time you may do some sightseeing of Kathmandu durbar square and Swoyambhu temple.
Evening: Welcome dinner at an authentic Nepali restaurant.
Himalaya Flight/ rafting in the Trishili River ( B, L, D)
In the early morning, you take the world’s best one hour flight in the Himalaya of Nepal where you will be seeing the 5 highest mountains of the world along with the numerous peaks and the plateau of Tibet. Everybody has a window seat and access to cockpit for photography.
After you come back and have breakfast, you will be driven to Charaundi around 80 km west of Kathmandu in the Prithvi highway to start thrilling rafting adventure in the Trishuli river. Trishuli River originated from the holy lake Gosainkunda at the height of 4260 m in the Central Himalaya region Langtang.
After arriving around mid day at the rafting spot, you will be briefed by the rafting guide about the safety, equipment paddling techniques. Then it’s time to raft and enjoy thrilling rapids like twins rock, s band, ladies delights, upsets and more one by one. You reach Kuringhat where you will be sleeping in the tent on the bank of the river. You rafting crew prepares fresh dinner. (20 km rafting distance)
Rafting ( B, L, D)
Just after the wake up call, you will be served tea /coffee in the fresh early morning along with breakfast, you will chill till 10 am when the sunshine warms you up and you start rafting again for another 20 km. You will be also looking for colourful birds and wildlife. You end your rafting today at Mugling with the bridge which divides the western and eastern highway of Nepal. And back to your camp where your cook will serve you a freshly prepared dinner and spend the night.
Chitwan National Park( B, L, D)
After breakfast, coffee and tea; you will get ready to move and head to Chitwan National Park to start the jungle safari and look for wildlife . After arrival, and lunch you will start jungle trekking watching the wildlife and sunset. Welcome authentic Nepali show followed by dinner.
Chitwan National Park ( B, L, D)
- Chitwan National park is the World natural heritage site of Nepal. It is spread over 1000 sq. km. It was once the hunting zone of Royal family, Rana regime and their guests; the royal family of the UK when India was colonized by UK. The exclusive animals residing in this jungle are Tiger, Leopard, One horned rhino, bear, crocodile and more than 400 species of birds and herbs. Wild boar, deer( 4 types) , pea cock, Gharial, are the common species of this Jungle.
- The activities of the safari is scheduled in the Lodge as 2 hours Elephant back safari, nature walk, canoeing, bird watching, Tharu dances, bathing with Elephant, slide show about the National park and a lot of relaxation in the jungle lodge.
- Tharu tribe are the ethnic group of this jungle who are also known as the malaria proof people who came to live in the middle of the jungle when Rajasthani in India were attacked.
Kathmandu ( B, D)
End of your Jungle safari. After breakfast and time you go back to Kathmandu via scenic Prithvi highway. Your guide will be willing to either take you to more heritage sites or you can spend few hours on your own.
Farewell dinner at an authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural show.
Departure ( B)
After breakfast, either your guide will take you to continue sightseeing of Pahupati and Boudhanath world heritage site , or you can spend time on your own.
Airport transfer for departure.
US $ 981 per person/ in a group of 2.
Full payment should be made 30 days prior to departure date.
- Everest Mountain flight
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Three star or deluxe equivalent hotels in Kathmandu in BB
- Private transportation to / from rafting
- Transfer to jungle lodge
- Transportation from jungle lodge to Kathmandu
- All meals and rafting equipments with guide, assistant and cook
- Camping during rafting nights
- Jungle safari activities; elephant riding, nature walk, bird watching, canoeing, entrance fees, elephant bathing, with full board meals
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu with a guide
- Welcome & Farewell Departure dinner
- International air fare to Nepal
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, beverages, travel insurance, gratuities / tips
- Meals not mentioned in the above itinerary in Kathmandu
- International departure tax
Note: All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking / reservation. All prices are subject to change.