Airport- Kithulgala- Belihuloya- Uda walawe National Park- Ahangama – Airport
Sri Lanka is located in the Indian Ocean about 31 kms off the southern coast of India and is separated from the Indian subcontinent by the Gulf of Manner and the Palk Strait. It is well known for its marvelous mountains, lush green forests, exciting wildlife, wonderful beaches, spectacular cities and rich cultural heritage.
This trip is designed to includes educational, meaningful and fun activities for the participants while focuses to enhance communication and social skills; to instill compassionate behavior and social responsibility through teaching participants how to positively contribute and volunteer in local communities; to enrich intellectually and broaden horizons through immersing participants in the local culture.
- To develop self-confidence, self-reliance, responsibility and positive attitude through physically challenging activities with attainable goals.
- To strengthen team work and cooperation, providing an opportunity for participants to recognize and accept diversity in their peers and instill leadership skills through participating in carefully selected team building activities.
- To enhance communication and social skills.
- To enrich intellectually and broaden horizons through immersing participants in the local culture and heritage along with giving them an opportunity to experience local village life.
- To instill compassionate behavior and social responsibility through teaching participants how to positively contribute and volunteer in local communities.
Day 01: Arrival and Transfer to Kithulgala
Upon arrival at the Bandaranayke International Airport ( early morning arrival) you will be welcomed by a Rahhalah representative and proceed to Kuthulgala.
We will then proceed to Kelani river for an exciting rafting and a zip lining session.
White water rafting: This thrilling adventure on the white water sections of the Kelani River is suitable for paddlers of all abilities. During this ‘character-building’ river run you will experience the adrenaline-pumping thrill of shooting rapids and the euphoria of rising to the challenge of conquering an unrelenting river.
Zip Lining: This thrilling activity combines scenic views with the adrenaline rush of zipping through the air at great heights, to provide a truly magnificent and exciting experience! Zip line over beautiful Kelani River (600 meter length & 30 meter height with the safety of body harness).
Brief Introduction to the events / history / Environment
Icebreakers and kick in session
Setting up ground rules and Objective discussion
Overnight : Kithulgala Plantation Bungalow or similar
Day 02: Belihuloya -Team building (approx 200 km ) (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we will head to Belihuoya, an area rich in semi-evergreen forests, tropical savanna forests, dry patana grasslands and mountain temperate forests. The vegetation in this environment has made this location an exciting one for nature lovers. The average temperature in the area is about 28.3 degrees Celsius and the mean annual rainfall is between 1,875 and 2,500mm.
Check-in to the camp site for lunch.
Later, we will enjoy a fun treasure hunt- campers will find themselves in a wild and natural jungle-like environment where they must work together to reach the goal of finding the hidden treasure.
Group discussion and experience sharing
Dinner and overnight stay at the camp site
Day 03: Belihuloya -Team Building- Community service
After breakfast, we will visit a local School for some Community Work. A community project can involve local schools, families or even a hospital. Depending on the budget of the participants, we will provide you with an opportunity to contribute in building a better tomorrow. It could be a volunteer session of renovating a remote school and playing with the students of the village, or a tree planting session to ensure a greener future for the present day younger generations.
Lunch at the camp site.
Afternoon raft building programme: The Great Escape. The teams of pirates will battle for supremacy in the water. The teams will create a raft and try to cross a reservoir with barrels and planks under restraining rules.
Experience a canoeing session.
Return to camp site and freshen up before discussion
Dinner and overnight stay at the camp site.
Day 04: Belihuloya –Udawalawe/ Understanding the life of the locals
After breakfast, we will head to Udawalawe National park, check in at the camp site and settle in for lunch.
Understanding the life of the locals
We will embark on an interesting trekking trail / Nature trail (approx 30 minutes walk from the campsite) and meet a family who lives by chena cultivation.
We will also visit a chena farming community to make some local sweets- Kewum / Kokis etc. Participants will be involved in the process of making the paste etc. You will then enjoy your creation and have tea with the local community.
(we can make a contribution to the children in the house to buy books etc )
We will then proceed to the temple and for a blessing ceremony with flower offerings etc.
Next on the agenda is a visit to another village house where we will have a Cooking competition (divided into 2 groups). This meal will be a typical Bush meal- Lankan curries, a pot of rice, with traditional firewood cooking and coconut scraping.
We will enjoy dinner with the family and a traditional drumming experience with the local community.
Proceed back to camp.
Dinner and overnight stay at the camp.
Day 05: Udawalawe- Jeep safari/ Transfer to Ahangama
Day 5 begins with an early morning drive on a 4WD Jeep safari in Udawalawe National Park.
Udawalawe National Park is located approximately 200 km south-east of Colombo city. It is most famous for the many elephants that live there (about 400 in total). During a visit, it is not unusual to see whole herds – adults and young, feeding and bathing or playing in the water! Udawalwe national park is the best place in the whole world to see large number of Asian Elephant Herds in throughout the year. In addition to this main attraction, the park is home to many water buffalo, water monitor lizards, sambar deer, monkeys and the occasional leopard, as well as being an exciting location for bird enthusiasts.
Lunch at the camp site
Proceed to Ahangama.
Check in at the hotel.
Day 06: Galle
After breakfast, it’s time for our Team Bulling activity: Discover Galle city
The participants will split into groups and travel on foot around Galle Fort while completing the following:
- Physical Challenge – Facing a challenge course with multiple tasks.
- Discovery Challenge – Gathering information.
- Social Challenge – Getting to know some social aspects of Sri Lanka
- Mental Challenge – Pushing their mental limits in achieving targets.
Teams will be given the tasks to be completed within a set time (60 to 90minutes). Team/Teams should navigate based on the given clues around the Galle fort . When a clue is reached, they will be given marks. There will be deductions for delay in completing the tasks within 90minutes. Minimum marks to be earned are 125.
Afternoon village cycling
Learning discussion and Conclusion
Day 07: Departure
We will rise early today and head to Mirissa for an amazing whale watching session (season December – April )
Later you will be transferred to Bandaranaike International Airport in time for your departure flight.
per person in a group of min 10 pax. Double occupancy
To be announced
- This cost is based on Double /Triple Occupancy. Single Supplement cost applies.
- This cost is valid 1st to 7th April
- Full payment should be made 30 days prior the departure
- Community Project FEES are not included
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking / reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- All accommodation subject to change to similar one depending on availability.
- Accommodation at Standard 3 * Hotels/camps , Double/Triple occupancy as described or similar subject to
- Meal plan FB basis
- Unlimited water
- Facilitator throughout the tour
- Transportation throughout the tour
- Activities as described (community project funding and optional activities not included)
- Service charges and all Government taxes.
THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International air fare
- Travel insurance
- Visa and visa fees
- Additional/optional activities
- Any beverages or additional food
- Community project fees
- Single supplement
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone
- International departure tax
- Gratuities and tips