It is the third-highest peak in Georgia 5,033 m (after Mount Shkhara and Janga) and the seventh-highest summit in the Caucasus Mountains. Kazbek is also the second-highest volcanic summit in the Caucasus, after Mount Elbrus. The summit lies directly to the west of the town of Stepantsminda and is the most prominent geographic feature of the area. Mount Kazbek is the highest peak of Eastern Georgia. The name in Georgian, Mkinvartsveri, translates to “Glacier Peak” or “Freezing Cold Peak”. The Vainakh name Bashlam translates as “Molten Mount”.
Activities: trekking, climbing
All Rahhalah’s ground handlers and guides are locally employed ensuring the more authentic experience for travelers, as well as sensitivity to local customs and cultures.
- We run a low impact operation and we leave no traces behind, contributing to the efforts of protection of the local land, its people, and culture.
- All our local guides and staff are properly employed and adequately equipped. In addition, we emphasize on making extensive use of local products and enhance maximum economic benefits to the local communities.
- As you all know 1% of our revenue go back to a local cause and Rahhalah directly takes care of that. This is our payback promise.
Day 01: Arrival Tbilisi
Meet at the Tbilisi airport and transfer to hotel in Tbilisi .
Day 02: Tbilisi to Stephantsminda ( B, L, D)
Today we drive from Tbilisi to Stephantsminda . Transfer takes about 3 hours night in guesthouse (B / L / D)
Day 03: Stephantsminda - Sameba Monastery 2200m ( B, L, D)
Meet at 8 am and transfer to Manastry SamebaThan wlak to “ClimbingGeorgia” BC (3650 m). Approximately 7 hours:
Accommodation in Tents (2 people per tent).
Day 04: Acclimatization ( B, L, D)
Today we walk to 4000m during which time we will practice skills necessary to climb to the summit (rope work, ice axe arrest etc.) Approximately 1.5 hours.
Day 05: Summit Day ( B, L, D)
Today we start at 2 am and walk to Plato (4500m) – 4 hours approximately. Plato to Saddle (4900 m at 30 degrees). From Saddle to Summit at 40-45 degrees, use of ice axes and fixed ropes. Return to base camp (3650 m). During the walk from 3900 m to the summit and back to 3900 m, the group will be roped due to crevasses.
Total Approx 10-12 hrs trekking. Night at Base camp (3650 m).
Day 06: Reserve day (B, L, D )
Reserve day in case of bad weather.
Day 07: Return to Sameba Monastery- Tbilisi ( B)
Today we return to Sameba Monastery (4-5 Hours walking) and drive to Tbilisi. During the way, we will visit, Sameba Monastery; Church Ananauri; Town Mtskheta and Cathedral church Svetitskhoveli.
Overnight in hotel (10 min walking to downtown).
Day 08: Departure
Transfer to airport for departure
per person in a group of 4. Double occupancy.
3rd August 2018
This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement Applies.
All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking / reservation. All prices are subject to change.
The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road condition and operating conditions.
- Transfer from and to airport
- All transportation over duration of the tour: Tbilisi – Gudauri – Stephantsminda – Church Sameba -Tbilisi
- 2 nights in Hotel in Tbilisi (including breakfast)
- 1 night in guesthouse in Stephantsminda (including breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 4 nights at base camp (3650 m) (2 people per tent)(including breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- English speaking mountain guide(s) for the duration of the expedition
- Excursion: Monastery Sameba; Ananuri fortress; Town Mtskheta; Cathedral church Svetitskhoveli
- Access to kitchen and utensils at BC
- International airfare
- Airport taxes
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees
- Cost of the arrangements due to early descent
- Single Supplement cost
- Meals not mentioned above
- Optional/additional activities
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- 5 % UAE VAT
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road condition, and operating conditions. In any case, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers