Highest altitude: 3,338m
Georgia is a small country situated on the crossroad of Europe and Asia. From the south-east it has a border with Azerbaijan, from the south – with Armenia and Turkey, from the north – with Russia, nestled between Black and Caspian sea. Tbilisi is a capital of Georgia founded in the fifth century. Georgia is a trekker’s paradise, does not matter if you prefer to explore its local villages or undertake long treks in the wilderness.
Our trip offers you the opportunity to discover Georgia’s untouched nature –a paradise for true lovers of hiking and trekking. You will embark on a 3-day exciting trek through the Caucasian Mountains via Chauki pass, enjoying the magnificent and breathtaking views of mountain lakes and waterfalls along the way. Hiking /trekking, camping and survival skills training will be the highlights of your wilderness adventure.
- Level: moderate – difficult (if you are not fit)
- Activity: Hiking, camping, trekking and survival skills, cultural sightseeing
- Duration: 5 days
- Highest Altitude: 3,338 m
- Risk Degree: Safe journey
All Rahhalah’s ground handlers and guides are locally employed ensuring more authentic experience for travelers, as well as sensitivity to local customs and cultures.
- We run a low impact operation and we leave no traces behind, contributing to the efforts of protection of the local land, its people, and culture.
- All our local guides and staff are properly employed and adequately equipped. In addition, we emphasize on making extensive use of local products and enhance maximum economic benefits to the local communities.
- As you all know 1% of our revenue go back to a local cause and Rahhalah directly takes care of that. This is our payback promise.
Day 01: Arrival Tbilisi /Transfer to Gaudari
Today is your arrival day. Upon arrival at Tbilisi international airport, you will be met from our representative.
Note: Arrival latest by 7 am is required. Recommended Flight- Fly Dubai arrival at 5 am in Tbilisi.
- You will then be driven on the Georgian Military Highway to the ski resort Gudauri.
- On the way visit Ananuri fortress, which is located on the shores of picturesque Lake Zhinvali. The fortress belonged to one of the most powerful feudal families of late medieval Georgia – Aragvi Eristavi. The fortress belongs to the early feudal era. She served as an outpost of defense, blocking the road running from the Daryal Gorge in the Caucasian mountains.
- Next stop is the Russia–Georgia Friendship Monument or Treaty of Georgievsk Monument is a monument build to celebrate the bicentennial of the Treaty of Georgievsk and ongoing friendship between Georgia and
- Soviet Russia. The monument is a large round stone and concrete structure overlooking the Devil’s Valley in the Caucasus Mountains.
- Check-in at a guesthouse in Gudauri and dinner.
Overnight at a guesthouse.
Meals included: Dinner
Day 02: Gadauri - Juta village
Today after breakfast, you will depart to Kazbegi, Snow Valley and then climb to Juta camp.
Arrive to Juta village, which is located 2200 mt above the sea level.
Distance: ~ 18 km
Duration: ~7-9 hrs
Elevation gain: 1400~ 1800 up
Overnight in the tents.
Backpacking meals included: Breakfast, snacks, Dinner
Day 03: Chaukhi pass ( 3338 m)
After breakfast, we proceed hiking through the Chaukhi pass (3338 mt) which is enough hard.
Overlooking the breathtaking panoramas and views over the Abudelauri lakes. We continue trekking down and pass the first white Abudelauri lake. After 2 kms we reach next Abudelauri blue lake where we will have lunch and prepare our camp.
During your adventure, you will also gain knowledge of survival or outdoor living. Some of the skills you will be taught are: food foraging; trapping and hunting; land navigation; tracking; water gathering and Purification shelter Building; fire Building starting.
Distance: ~ 20
Duration: ~ 9~ 11 hrs
Elevation gain: 1800 ~ 2900 up
Overnight in tents.
Backpacking meals included: Breakfast, snacks, Dinner
Day 04: Trekking ends / Drive back to Tbilisi
After breakfast in the morning, we continue trekking on the way to Roshka village. Pick up by the car and drive to Mtskheta. Have lunch and drive to Tbilisi.
Overnight at guest house.
Meals included- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner -Local Georgian cuisine
Day 05: Walking tour of old Tbilisi/ Departure Tbilisi
After having breakfast in the morning, we will enjoy three hours walking tour in the old part of Tbilisi. Here you can find ancient monasteries, old wooden buildings and houses with the beautiful architecture. This tour to Tbilisi is about exploring a key-city in the heart of the Caucasus. The beauty of this mountainous land and its unique Georgian culture inspired many well-known writers, artists and poets who had dedicated to Georgia their greatest works. By the end of the tour, one can definitely say “I’ve been to the place!”
Have lunch and transfer to Tbilisi international airport for departure.
Note: departure flight after 3 pm is required. Recommended flight- Fly Dubai Departure Tbilisi at 15:30 pm.
990 USD / 302 KWD
per person in a group of min 10 pax. Double occupancy.
2 July 2018
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement Applies.
- All prices are subject to 5% UAE VAT tax.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking / reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road condition and operating conditions.
- Transfer from and to the airport in Tbilisi
- Accommodation as described based on Double occupancy
- Camping equipment – tents , sleeping bag, mats
- Meals as described (backpacking food)
- Activities as described
- English speaking guide
5% UAE VAT tax
Cost of the arrangements due to early descent
Single Supplement cost
Meals not mentioned above
Tips and gratuities
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road condition and operating conditions. In any case the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.