Arrival Amman – Wadi rum camp – Petra-Wadi Mujib – Amman – Departure Amman
Jordan, an Arab nation on the east bank of the Jordan River, is defined by ancient monuments, nature reserves, and seaside resorts. It’s a home to the famed archaeological site of Petra, the Nabatean capital dating to around 300 B.C.E. Set in a narrow valley with tombs, temples, and monuments carved into the surrounding pink sandstone cliffs. Petra is considered to be one of the New Seven Wonders of the world.
On our trip, you will have an unforgettable experience through the ever-changing landscapes of Jordan’s southern regions. You will participate in Desert survival skills course in Wadi Rum camp, enjoy the magnificent sunrise on camelback, hike Petra and get involved in community work; You will embark on a canyoneering trip in Wadi Al Mujib and explore one of the most beautiful canyons in Jordan; you will also enjoy a swim in the Dead Sea and visit the Authentic downtown in Amman. This trip has as much fun and adventure that can be possibly fitted for 3 days.
- Level: Moderate
- Activities: hiking/ trekking, camel riding, camping, community work, desert survival skills course, canyoneering, swimming
- Route: Arrival Amman- Wadi rum camp- Petra-Wadi Mujib- Dead sea- Departure Amman
- Wadi Rum also known as The Valley of the Moon is a valley cut into the sandstone and granite rock in southern Jordan 60 km (37 mi) to the east of Aqaba; it is the largest wadi in Jordan.
- Petra , originally known as Raqmu to the Nabataeans, is a historical and archaeological city in the southern Jordanian governorate of Ma’an that is famous for its rock-cut architecture and water conduit system. Petra has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985.
- Wadi Mujib, known from the Hebrew Bible as River Arnon, is a river in Jordan which enters the Dead Sea at 410 meters below sea level.
All Rahhalah ground handlers and guides are locally employed ensuring more authentic experience for travelers, as well as sensitivity to local customs and cultures.
We run a low impact operation and we leave no traces behind, contributing to the efforts of protection of the local land, its people, and culture.
All our local guides and staff are properly employed and adequately equipped. In addition, we emphasize on making extensive use of local products and enhance maximum economic benefits to the local communities.
As you all know 1% of our revenue go back to a local cause and Rahhalah directly takes care of that. This is our pay back promise.
Day 01: Arrival Amman/ Wadi Rum camp (L,D)
Note: Arrival flight to be before 09:00am
- Upon arrival at Amman airport at 9:00 am our representative will meet you and transfer to Wadi Rum camp ( approx 4 hrs drive)
- Arrival in Wadi rum camp at noon.
- Check in camp and then Begin our traditional BBQ lunch.
- Enjoy 2 hour Jeep joyride to view the scenic destinations located further into rums desert
- Evening return to camp, shower and relax until dinner.
- 8pm dinner served followed by reflection and some activities.(music)
Overnight: camp (Double occupancy)
Meals included Lunch BBQ / Dinner at campsite
Day 02: Wadi Rum camp – Petra (B, L, D)
- 5:30am early wake up call.
- Breakfast and then mount camels to embark on 2 hour journey to enjoy the sunrise.
- 8 am return; check out from camp and drive to Petra (1 hour 30 minutes).
- Begin exploring Petra through the hike (one of the Seven Wonders of the World).
- lunch box is served in afternoon
- Evening trek finishes and we check into the hotel.
- Community work in Petra
- Dinner at hotel
Overnight: Hotel in Petra (Double occupancy)
Meals included: Breakfast at camp site/Lunch box/Dinner at hotel.
Day 3: Petra-Wadi Mujib-Dead sea - Departure (B, L)
- Wakeup early in morning and breakfast
- Depart to Wadi Mujib (4hour drive)
- Arrive at Wadi Mujib and abseil the gorge up a winding siq against a waterfalls downstream to reach a gorgeous waterfall where we will swim and take a break before making our way back to Wadi Mujib’s visitor centre.
- Check into lodge to shower and swim in Dead Sea. (Light snacks)
- Afternoon Lunch
- Transfer to the Amman airport for departure flight.
Note: Departure flight has to be after 8pm.
Meals included Breakfast at campsite/Light snack box/Late Lunch
19 April 2018
11 May 2018
29 June 2018
12 July 2018
16 August 2018
13 September 2018
25 October 2018
645 USD / KWD 195
per person in a group of min 10 participants.
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement applies additional USD 150 per person.
- This cost is subject to 5 % VAT
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking / reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- Airport transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation in camp & hotel, Double occupancy
- Meals as described
- Activities as described
THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE
- 5% UAE VAT tax
- International Airfare
- Optional activities
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not specified above
- Visa fees
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather and operating conditions. In any case the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience to the travelers.