Terms and Conditions
At time of reservation – 50 % of trip cost
45 days prior to departure – 50 % balance
- More than 90 days before departure, the cancellation fee is 50% of the trip deposit.
- 90 to 45 days before departure, the cancellation fee is 100% of the trip deposit.
- Less than 45 days before departure, the cancellation fee is 100% of the Trip Price.
Note: Payment terms and cancellation policy for some trips may differ depending on the reservation and booking terms, deposit and cancellation policy of our partners.
Rahhalah Explorers is not responsible for expenses (e.g. non refundable airline tickets, visa fees,
equipment, etc.) incurred by trip members in preparing for cancelled trip, regardless of cancellation reason, or for any additional expenses should the trip members have embarked or returned prior to or
after any scheduled date. Rahhalah Explorers is not responsible for any expenses incurred due to any deviation from the schedule undertaken by choice of trip participant. Additional unscheduled services not included in trip cost will be charged to participant’s credit card. Rahhalah Explorers alone reserves the right to cancel (in accordance with the above terms), or postpone any trip due to acts of man (e.g. war, terrorism, etc.), or forces of nature beyond Rahhalah Explorers’ control.
Early Departures: No refunds will be given for participants leaving a trip by personal choice, or by direction of the guide. Unscheduled services such as transportation, meals, hotels, etc.., are the responsibility of the participant.
Route Changes: It is possible that a route change due to forces of nature may become necessary on the trip. Route changes will always be at the discretion of the guide. No refunds will be available in the event of any route or itinerary change.
Postponement or Delay: Delays and postponements in transportation sometimes
occur. Rahhalah Explorers cannot be responsible for these at any time. Every effort will be made to
minimize any inconvenience, but Rahhalah Explorers is not responsible for any additional costs that
Responsibility: Trip members are responsible for the cost of evacuations. Trip insurance, which includes emergency evacuation coverage, is strongly recommended. Rahhalah Explorers will take every care with client’s baggage and property but is not liable for loss, damage, theft or delayed delivery. Rahhalah Explorers acts as an agent for the transport, accommodations,
and services of the company supplying this trip. Rahhalah Explorers may not be held liable for non-performance of any such supplier.
If the client is not able or willing to assume the above-mentioned risks, the client should purchase trip insurance.
Trip Cancellation: Rahhalah Explorers reserves the right to cancel any trip due to insufficient sign ups, in which case, the paid amount can be used as credit for another Rahhalah trip.
NOTE: for specific destinations and trips, different payment terms and cancellation policies may apply. Please refer to the invoice for further details.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE, AND INDEMNIFICATION
In consideration of the services provided by Rahhalah Explorers, its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, participants and all other persons or entities associated with or acting in any capacity on its behalf, I hereby agree to release, indemnify and discharge Rahhalah, on behalf of myself, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate and for all members of my family, including minor children, as follows:
1) I acknowledge that trekking, skiing/snowboarding, rock climbing and mountaineering, kayaking, cycling, caving, and canoeing entail known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional trauma, injury, paralysis, death or damage to myself, property and/or third-parties. Although Rahhalah Explorers has taken reasonable steps to provide me with appropriate equipment and skilled guides, I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: the hazards of travelling in uneven terrain and slips and falls; being struck by rock fall, icefall or other objects dislodged or thrown from above; the use of climbing ropes and equipment, bicycles,kayaks.........etc; the forces of nature, including lightning, weather changes and avalanche; the risk of falling off the rock, mountain or into a crevasse; the risk of exposure to insect bites; the risk of altitude and cold including hypothermia, frostbite, acute mountain sickness, cerebral and pulmonary oedema; my own physical condition; and the physical exertion associated with this activity. Additional dangers may include the hazards of travelling in the Third World; accident or illness in remote places without access to emergency medical facilities; war, terrorism and other forces. I understand that this description of these risks is not complete and that other unanticipated inherent risks may occur.
Furthermore, I acknowledge that Rahhalah Explorers has a difficult job to perform. It seeks safety but is not infallible. It might be unaware of my or another participant’s fitness or abilities. It might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. It may give incomplete warnings or instructions and equipment being used might malfunction. I acknowledge that engaging in this activity may require a degree of skill and knowledge different than other activities and that I have responsibilities as a participant. I acknowledge that Rahhalah Explorers has been available to more fully explain to me the nature and physical demands of this activity and the risks, hazards, and dangers associated with this activity.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in the activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I acknowledge that Rahhalah Explorers and its guides have complete authority and discretion as to the performance of activities and trips and may modify itineraries, trip plans or cancel a trip for any reason. I acknowledge that the success of the trip depends on cooperation of the participants with the trip guides and with each other. I therefore hereby voluntarily submit to the authority of Rahhalah Explorers and its guides for the complete duration of the trip. Should a client act in anyway deemed by Rahhalah Explorers to be reckless, endangering his/her life or the lives of others in the trip; Rahhalah Explorers has the right to expel the client from the trip immediately with no refund.
4. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Rahhalah Explorers from any and all claims, demands or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity including, but not limited to my use of Rahhalah Explorers equipment or facilities; my representations of my mental, health, fitness, and skill; and any claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Rahhalah Explorers.
5. Should Rahhalah Explorers or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this Agreement, I agree to reimburse them for all such fees and costs.
6. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating in the trip and I agree to bear all the costs of such injury or damage myself should I not have adequate insurance.
I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
7. I understand that Rahhalah Explorers may contract with independent contractors to provide services on the trip or activity, including transportation, travel services and guide services.
I understand that Rahhalah Explorers has no control over and accepts no responsibility for the actions of any independent contractor involved in providing services on the trip/activity.
8. Rahhalah Explorers reserves the right to document (written or photographic) our trips and participants, and use for commercial and/or promotional purposes.
The laws of the United Arab Emirates will govern this Agreement and I consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and local courts in the United Arab Emirates. If there is a dispute between the parties relating to this document, the party substantially prevailing will be entitled to recover all costs and expenses of any subsequent proceedings (including trial, appellate, and arbitration proceedings), including the attorney fees incurred therein.
I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Rahhalah Explorers on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. If any part of this Agreement is deemed unenforceable, all the parts shall be given full effect to the extent possible. I have read and understand it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.