Azerbaijan trip: welcome to the Land of Fire and the Pearl of the Caucasus: a land where the Orient blends beautifully with the West. Azerbaijan is famous for its untouched landscapes, its ancient culture, its old customs and traditions, and its fine cuisine that can satisfy the most sophisticated gastronomists. Above all, it is known for its Caucasian hospitality and the friendliness of its people.
This itinerary offers you the opportunity to explore the country’s mountains and some of its remote villages where time seems to stand still, ending with an exploration of Baku: one of the oldest, continuously inhabited cities in the world.
Get ready to...
- Discover Azerbaijan’s untouched natural landscapes: a true paradise for hiking lovers.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Caucasus Mountains.
- Hike up to the beautiful villages of Galeykhudat and Griz.
- Enjoy the famous Griz waterfall perched in landscapes of otherworldly beauty.
- Relax for a few hours in the Shahdag Mountain Resort.
- Stroll in the streets of Baku and enjoy the combination of old and modern architecture.
Activities: backpacking, cultural sightseeing, hiking/trekking
- This cost is based on sharing room occupancy. Single supplement is possible only for the 2 nights spent in hotels in Baku (not in the guest houses).
- Sleeping arrangements in the village guest houses are floor beds. Separate rooms for female & male travelers however toilets will be sharing.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- All accommodation is subject to change to a similar one depending on availability.
- Airport transfers upon arrival at and departure from Baku.
- All private transportation as described in the itinerary.
- English speaking cultural guide and local mountain guide.
- Entrance fees to the museums in Baku.
- 2 night’s accommodation in Baku in a 4* hotel based on double occupancy.
- 2 night’s accommodation in local guest house during hiking.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner).
- Activities as described in the itinerary.
- International airfare.
- Airport taxes.
- Travel insurance.
- Visa fees.
- Cost due to an early descent.
- Single supplement cost.
- Meals not included above.
- Optional/additional activities.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses.
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road conditions and operating challenges. At any moment, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program to ensure the travelers’ safety and convenience.