The three Baltic States – Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania – are often perceived as a homogeneous group, mainly because of their medieval past, the imprint left by the Soviet rule, and their amazing growth trajectory since their independence. However, each country hides secrets and unique qualities, and a road trip, facilitated by the short distances that separate the states, allows a traveler to understand the similarities, the differences, and, above all, the beauties of each nation.
All three countries are mostly covered in forests – their “green gold” – while they enjoy long sandy beaches and beautiful rivers. The old, medieval towns are well-preserved, offering to each visitor the opportunity to travel back in time and feel as if part of a movie. Located on the commercial routes that connected the East with the West, the current capitals and several other cities experienced for centuries significant growth, now visible in the legacy of their monuments. Do not let, though, the medieval and Hanseatic heritage trick you: the three Baltic states have embraced technology and education to such an extent that their citizens are considered among the most literate in Europe, while their numerous technological projects have turned this small geographical area into some kind of “European Silicon Valley”.
Prepare to stroll through cobblestone alleys and forested paths in a unique itinerary that combines the urban and rural landscapes of the three countries, creating the perfect blend for a memorable vacation.
Get ready to…
- Visit in one week the three Baltic countries: Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, discovering their most famous and beautiful corners.
- Explore the three capital cities: Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius, all of them recognized as UNESCO World Heritage Sites, renowned for their stunning architecture, medieval ambience, and picturesque streets.
- Hike through Lahemaa National Park: Estonia’s largest national park with sandy beaches, cascading waterfalls and pine forests.
- Visit an Estonian farm to learn about the delicious local products and sample some of the most typical tastes.
- Enjoy a bread-baking workshop in one of Latvia’s most traditional and famous bakeries.
- Spend a day in Jurmala, relaxing by the long, white beach, or indulging in spa treatments using the local therapeutic mud.
- Hike through the beautiful landscapes of the Gauja and the Kemeri National Parks of Latvia.
- Explore the medieval town of Cesis in Latvia, the Hill of Crosses (a Guinness Record site with more than 100,000 crosses), and Trakai: the former capital of Lithuania.
Activities: cultural interactions, cultural sightseeing, hiking/trekking, nature watching, Birds Watching
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement amounts to 500 EUR per person.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- All accommodation is subject to change to a similar one depending on availability.
- 7 nights’ accommodation at 3- or 4-star, centrally located hotels as described in the itinerary.
- 7 breakfasts.
- 2 dinners (tourist menu: 3 courses, table water, coffee/tea incl.) at local restaurants (as indicated in the itinerary).
- English-speaking tour leader escorting the group throughout the trip.
- Private transportation as described in the itinerary (Day 2- Day 7).
- 2 private group airport transfers: Tallinn airport to Tallinn hotel; Vilnius hotel to Vilnius airport.
- Entrances fees to Trakai Castle.
- Cable car (one way) in Gauja National Park.
- Bread-making workshop.
- Farm visit with local products’ tasting in Estonia.
- International airfare.
- Airport taxes.
- Travel insurance.
- Visa fees.
- Single supplement cost.
- Meals not included above.
- Optional/additional activities.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses.
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road conditions and operating challenges. At any moment, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program to ensure the travelers’ safety and convenience.