Costa Rica is a rugged, rain-forested Central American country with coastlines on the Caribbean and the Pacific Ocean. Roughly a quarter of its area consists of protected jungle, teeming with wildlife including spider monkeys and quetzal birds. As such, and despite its cultural background, the country is best known for its natural wealth which, besides the dense rainforests, includes beaches, volcanoes, and impressive biodiversity.
Costa Rica is an excellent destination for all type of travelers, as it is remarkably safe, and the locals are warm and welcoming. If you wish to explore jungles and rainforests, traverse numerous hanging bridges, raft through fast rapids, zipline over extensive canopies, relax by beaches of stunning beauty, and enjoy one of the best coffees in the world while enjoying breathtaking mountain views, then we have you covered! Our Costa Rican itinerary is the best choice for nature lovers with an affinity for adventure.
Get ready to:
- Hike through beautiful rainforests, hanging bridges, and the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve: a hidden gem of stunning beauty.
- Explore the most peaceful country of Central and Latin America and learn how it has abolished its army since the 1940s, and how it focused its economy on ecotourism, through a well-established network of national parks and protected areas.
- Indulge in an Eco-thermal Hot Spring bath – a real treat!
- Go on a thrilling rafting adventure on the Sarapiqui River.
- Experience an adrenaline rush with a ziplining adventure at the Monteverde Sky Trek.
- Connect with exotic wildlife.
- Swim and relax in the warm waters of the Pacific Ocean in the Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Enjoy a local coffee tour at Monteverde.
Activities: cultural interactions, cultural sightseeing, hiking/trekking, rafting/kayaking, swimming, Birds Watching, Ziplining, Coffee Tour
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single room supplement applies additional 1400 USD per person.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- All accommodation is subject to change to a similar one depending on availability.
- Airport transfer on Day 1 and one group transfer to the airport on Day 8.
- Private guide and private transportation as described.
- 1 nights’ accommodation in Hotel Best Western Irazu or similar in San Jose.
- 2 nights‘ accommodation in Lomas del Volcan Hotel or similar in La Fortuna.
- 2 nights‘ accommodation in Hotel Poco a Poco or similar in Monteverde.
- 2 nights‘ accommodation in Hotel Costa Verde or similar in Manuel Antonio.
- Breakfast from the 2nd to the 8th day.
- Entrance fees to the Arenal Volcano National Park and the Ecotermales Hot Springs.
- Entrance fee for the Sarapiqui rafting activity.
- Zip-lining at Monteverde Sky tram trek.
- Entrance fee to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve.
- Entrance fee to the Manuel Antonio National Park.
- International flights.
- Visa fees.
- Entry or exit taxes to Costa Rica or Nicaragua.
- Travel Insurance.
- Covid PCR test & Quarantine expenses.
- Single supplement.
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Optional activities.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses.
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road conditions and operating challenges. At any moment, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.