With its imposing altitude of 4,808 m, Mont Blanc is the highest point in Western Europe, and one of the most popular mountaineering destinations around the world.
During this week-long adventure, you will not only summit Mont Blanc, but you will also explore some of the most beautiful surrounding paths. Crossing between France and Switzerland, you will acclimatize and further practice your alpine skills, enjoying stunning views on the way. After the first three acclimatization days, you will have another three days for Mont Blanc – two of which are entirely dedicated to the summit expedition. This arrangement, along with the additional support of extra guides, will maximize your chances to reach the top of Western Europe.
The acclimatization days are spent traversing from the Albert Premier Hut to the Cabane du Trient, taking in the famous Fenêtre de Saleina (3267m) and the impressive high landscape of the Col du Tour. The summit of Mont Blanc is reached via the ‘Normal Route’, either from the Tete Rousse or the new Gouter Hut.
This is a challenging, yet gratifying week of alpine climbing. Led by professional IFMGA guides using a 1:6 ratio on the acclimatization days and a 1:2 ratio on Mont Blanc, this trip will provide the opportunity to practice roped glacier and guided climbing, using crampons and a single ice axe. The ascent of Mont Blanc via the Normal Route (Dome de Gouter) is of minimal technical difficulty, though ropes, crampons and an ice axe will be used throughout the week. Previous alpine mountaineering experience is a pre-requisite, and the guides will give full instructions regarding the various techniques required. Participants must have a very good level of fitness and should be used to spending consecutive long days in the mountains.
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single supplement applies, but it is possible for the hotel only. Accommodation in the mountain huts is based on dormitory-style.
- Max group size is 6 pax.
- If the group is 2-3 pax, the cost is 3,100 EUR.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/reservation.
- All prices are subject to change.
- All accommodation is subject to change to a similar one depending on availability.
- Professional IFMGA qualified guides: 1 guide for 6 persons for the first days and 1 guide for every 2 people for the summit days.
- Accommodation: 4 nights in mountain refuges, 2 nights in a 3-star hotel.
- Meals as described in the itinerary.
- 1 bottle of drinking water at Tête Rousse and Goûter huts.
- Cable car fees.
- Local transportation in Chamonix Valley.
- Transfers to and from the airport upon arrival and departure.
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Visa and visa fees.
- Lodging in town pre and post the trip.
- All lunches.
- Dinners not listed as included.
- Single supplement (only in the hotels).
- Cost due to early descent.
- Showers in the refuges.
- Gear rental.
- Transfers out of the itinerary above.
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road condition and operating challenges. In any case, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.