Kashmir, the uppermost alpine region of North India, is famous for its magnificent landscapes, including pristine lakes, colossal mountains, glaciers, raging rivers, and unexplored valleys. It is often called “The Last Shangri-La”, while the Moghuls referred to the region as “Paradise on Earth’. Its colorful grasslands, trout-filled crystal clear lakes, shrines, temples, and Himalayan peaks, along with its rich history and culturally and ethnically diverse people, make Kashmir a beloved destination for adventure travelers the world over.
With this itinerary, you will hike on the Tarsar Lake Trek, one of the most picturesque and famous trails in Kashmir. The path starts from the quaint village of Aru, passing through the clearings and meadows of Lidderwat, reaching the green mountains of Shekhawas and the massive alpine lake of Tarsar. The beauty and serenity of the landscape is otherworldly and will imprint in your memories forever.
Get ready to:
- Enjoy a 5-day trek towards the alpine Tarsar Lake, passing by forests, rivers, meadows, and green mountains.
- Spend your nights camping under the star-lit sky.
- Explore one of the most beautiful and famous trails in Kashmir.
- Go on a traditional Shikara ride on Dal Lake.
- Visit Hazrat Bal: one of the most picturesque and sacred Sufi shrines in India, on the banks of Dal Lake.
Activities: camping, cultural sightseeing, hiking/trekking, nature watching
- Extra costs & assistance (subject to change at time of booking)
- Domestic flight: Delhi – Srinagar – Delhi: 180 USD / 55 KWD / 665 AED / 685 SAR per person
- Extra night hotel stay in Delhi - with airport transfer (Hotel Ibis New Delhi Aerocity or similar): 125 USD / 35 KWD / 465 AED / 480 SAR per night per room
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement amounts to 650 USD.
- The cost is based on a group of min 4 people. Rahhalah reserves the right to change the price if the trip runs with fewer participants.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- All accommodation is subject to change to a similar one depending on availability.
The Price Includes:
- Airport transfers in Srinagar (Day 1 and Day 7).
- Private transportation as per the Itinerary.
- Shikara Ride on Dal Lake.
- Hazrat Bal shrine entrance fee.
- 2-night’s accommodation in a Boutique Hotel in Srinagar.
- 4-nights’ accommodation in Alpine tents with beds.
- Bio-toilets for the trek.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (B, L, D).
- Trek permits.
The Price Excludes:
- International flight tickets. Domestic flight paid separately, as described in the price.
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Visa and visa fees.
- Covid PCR test and quarantine expenses, if needed.
- Optional activities or anything not mentioned in the above itinerary.
- Meals not included.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, etc.
- International departure tax.
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road challenges or operating conditions. At any moment, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.
Also, the trip's price does not cover expenses that may occur due to conditions beyond Rahhalah's control (force majeure). Such cases include but are not limited to extreme weather conditions, flight cancellations or delays, and natural phenomena (earthquakes, volcano eruptions, hurricanes, etc.). We, the Rahhalah team, both in our HQ and on the ground, will do our best to assist you with alternative arrangements (like new accommodation and/or transportation arrangements, revised itinerary and activities etc.), but ALL NEW COSTS incurred because of force majeure are to be covered by the traveler.
We strongly recommend that, before your departure, you purchase travel insurance that covers trip cancellation costs, loss of baggage or personal items, medical emergencies, and other unexpected circumstances that cannot be controlled by Rahhalah or any traveler.