There are few places as ethereal and exotically beautiful as Japan in April. The cherry trees are in full bloom, bestowing their joyful rosy hues on cities, parks, and countryside alike, while Spring makes everything look fresh and new. Although there are numerous sites to explore in the land of the Rising Sun, one should undoubtedly start with Tokyo and Kyoto. So, we put together the best of each city, offering you the opportunity to enjoy the bustling energy of the modern districts, while also relaxing in the serenity the parks, and the meditative ambience of the ancient temples. By the end of the trip, you will realise that Japan – its people, landscapes, culture, and rituals – has left a deep impact in your heart, and you will understand why this country is set apart from all other destinations in the Far East.
- Explore Tokyo, from its modern districts to the old town, with its picturesque shops and restaurants.
- Watch a traditional sumo practice in the Sumo Stables and learn why this martial art is so important for the Japanese.
- Practice your sushi making skills under the guidance of a sushi master chef.
- Enjoy parts of Tokyo on an electric-powered cycle and a pulled rickshaw.
- Spend a full day in Nikko, relaxing by the Kegon and Ryuzu Waterfalls.
- Travel from Tokyo to Kyoto on the famous Japanese bullet train.
- Walk along the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove.
- Visit numerous shrines, including the Fushimi Inari ones in Kyoto, and the Toshogu Shrine in Nikko (a UNESCO World Heritage Site).
- Explore the beauties of Kyoto, including the Arashiyama area and the Golden Pavilion (another UNESCO World Heritage Site).
- Interact with the Japanese and learn more about their turbulent history and astounding culture.
Activities: biking/cycling, cultural sightseeing, nature watching
- This cost is based on double occupancy. Single supplement applies.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- One group airport transfer.
- 6-nights‘ accommodation in the selected hotels (or similar) with breakfast (double occupancy).
- All transportation as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bullet train tickets (Reserved seat numbers).
- English-speaking guide/tour leader on the tour days.
- Admission fees based on the itinerary.
- Service charge and current government tax.
- All other activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- International flights.
- Visa fees.
- Travel Insurance.
- Single Supplement.
- Optional actvities.
- Personal gear.
- Meals not mentioned above.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses.
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather and operating conditions. At any moment, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.