Kyrgyzstan may be a small country, but it has been blessed with some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the world. Massive mountain ranges intertwine with vast valleys dotted with nomadic settlements, herds of yaks, donkeys, and horses, or picturesque urban centers. During the summer months, the mountain breeze blows down from the snow-capped peaks and embraces life with a freshness that you will miss when back home.
In this itinerary, we have combined gorges, mountains, and lakes to offer you an authentic view of the Kyrgyz countryside and its untouched nature. On the way, you will also get a taste of the local hospitality, gaining insights into traditional practices and old rituals that survive to our day, and delving a bit more into the essence of this lesser-known civilization.
Get ready to:
- Live like a local in a traditional yurt, surrounded by silence, the Kyrgyz nomads, and their herds of yaks, donkeys, goats and horses.
- Stay by the two most beautiful lakes of the country: Song Kul (an alpine lake at 3000 m altitude) and the large Issyk Kul.
- Interact with the nomadic tribes and the craftsmen in the villages, learning more about their way of living and the Kyrgyz civilization.
- Witness an eagle hunting demonstration: a traditional occupation and one of the most important highlights of the trip.
- Hike through the Skazka Canyon, also known as the Fairytale Canyon, full of colorful formations and exciting, narrow paths.
- Marvel in front of the Jeti Oguz Seven Bulls Rocks.
- Explore the picturesque Karakol town and Jyrgalan valley.
- Admire ancient petroglyphs that have turned a large area into an open-air museum.
- Meditate in the Ruh Ordo Cultural Center, which was built to allow guests to achieve spiritual growth while discovering different cultural and religious elements in the region.
- Trek in the Ala-Archa National Park, exploring some of its most popular corners and admiring the breathtaking landscapes.
Activities: cultural interactions, cultural sightseeing, hiking/trekking, nature watching, Eagle Hunting Demonstration
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement applies in the hotels but is not possible at the yurts. Single supplement for the hotel rooms amounts to 200 USD per person extra.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- All accommodation is subject to change to a similar one depending on availability.
The Price Includes:
- 5 nights’ accommodation in 3-4-star hotels and local guesthouses (double occupancy).
- 2 nights’ accommodation in traditional yurt camps (maximum 4 people in a yurt, 2 people only if there is availability).
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B, L, D).
- Transportation as per the itinerary.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure (day 1 and 8 respectively).
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- English-speaking certified and experienced local guide.
- Two liters of bottled or filtered water per person, per day.
- Entrance fees to museums and archaeological sites as per the itinerary.
The Price Excludes:
- International airfare.
- Airport taxes.
- Travel insurance.
- Visa fees.
- Early check-in/late check-out.
- Single Supplement cost.
- Meals not included above.
- Optional/additional activities.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses.
- PCR test if needed.
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road challenges or operating conditions. At any moment, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.
Also, the trip's price does not cover expenses that may occur due to conditions beyond Rahhalah's control (force majeure). Such cases include but are not limited to extreme weather conditions, flight cancellations or delays, and natural phenomena (earthquakes, volcano eruptions, hurricanes, etc.). We, the Rahhalah team, both in our HQ and on the ground, will do our best to assist you with alternative arrangements (like new accommodation and/or transportation arrangements, revised itinerary and activities etc.), but ALL NEW COSTS incurred because of force majeure are to be covered by the traveler.
We strongly recommend that, before your departure, you purchase travel insurance that covers trip cancellation costs, loss of baggage or personal items, medical emergencies, and other unexpected circumstances that cannot be controlled by Rahhalah or any traveler.