Madagascar, the world’s second-largest island country, is a dream destination for many. The stunning Baobab Avenue, the lemurs that are friendly as if tamed, the exotic wildlife, the colors and the landscapes, all make this destination part of one’s bucket list.
The island remained isolated for centuries from its neighboring continents and, as a result, more than 80% of its flora and fauna are unique and endemic. This distinctive ecology has led some ecologists to refer to Madagascar as the "eighth continent", classified by Conservation International as a biodiversity hotspot.
For this itinerary, we did not rely merely on the natural allurement of the island. Instead, we combined a variety of activities so that you can explore Madagascar’s unique wildlife at its best, stepping out of the very touristic areas and connecting with the authentic wilderness of the countryside.
Get ready to:
- Explore Madagascar’s unique wildlife and nature, stepping on off-the-beaten paths and connecting with the authentic wilderness of the island.
- Trek on the routes of the Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park: a UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous for its outlandish limestone formations.
- Traverse the Kirindy Reserve: a dry deciduous forest, home to the adorable lemurs and several other unique species. This is your opportunity for a photo with a lemur!
- Cruise along the Manambolo River in a traditional pirogue, passing by caves adorned with stalagmites and stalactites.
- Tick the famous Avenue of the Baobabs off from your bucket list!
- Relax in exotic beaches and swim in crystal clear waters.
- Walk in the streets of Antananarivo, Madagascar’s capital city, and visit the remnants of the colonial era.
Activities: boating/cruising, cultural sightseeing, hiking/trekking, nature watching, swimming, Birds Watching
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement amounts to 695 EUR.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- All accommodation is subject to change to a similar one depending on availability.
- This cost is valid for a group of 5 and more travelers.
- Accommodation as described, based on double occupancy.
- Domestic flight: Tana – Morondava – Tana.
- Meals as indicated: 7 breakfasts and 2 dinners at the hotel.
- Transportation as per the itinerary (coach and driver-guide).
- All airport transfers within Madagascar.
- All entrance fees and local tour guide fees at the parks mentioned above (Tsingy National Park, Kirindy Reserve).
- All hotel and tourist taxes.
- International airfare.
- Travel insurance.
- Visa and visa fees.
- Additional/optional activities.
- Beverages and meals not included in the itinerary.
- Single supplement.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, etc.
- International departure tax.
- Gratuities and tips.
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road conditions and operating challenges. At any moment, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.