Perched amongst the highest peaks of the Himalayas, Nepal is a land of endless fascination: a country with ancient history, colorful cultures and people, striking scenery, and some of the best treks on earth.
Ever since Mt. Everest was first summited in 1953 by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa, Everest Base Camp (EBC) has become an enthralling destination for all trekkers around the world. So don’t miss the opportunity to explore this legendary trail, following the footsteps of some of the greatest explorers of the 20th century.
The trip is led by Rahhalah’s Brand Ambassador, Manal Rostom, who will be celebrating her one-year anniversary since becoming the First Egyptian woman to summit Mount Everest (in May 2022). Join her to become part of history and add your voice to the “Surviving Hijab” efforts (the world’s largest hijab community) to raise awareness about tolerance, inclusivity, and equality for all women. The group will include both men and women to highlight that only when acting together we can make a real difference in the lives of many.
- Hike on one of the most scenic trails in the world.
- Follow the footsteps of some of the most famous explorers of the last century.
- Marvel at the eternally snow-covered peaks of the Himalayas.
- Reach the camp from where all Everest climbing expeditions start.
- Interact with the Sherpas and learn about their life in the mountains.
- Participate in a Surviving Hijab adventure, adding your voice to the community’s efforts to raise awareness about tolerance, inclusivity and equality for all women.
- Spend two weeks on the trail with Manal Rostom, and get inspired by her commitment, perseverance, leadership, and vision.
Activities: backpacking, cultural interactions, hiking/trekking
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement applies for hotels only and amounts to 200 USD. Single accommodation is not possible in the tea houses on the trail.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- This cost is based on a group of min 6 people, and Rahhalah reserves the right to change the price if the trip runs with fewer participants.
The Price Includes:
- Airport transfers inside Nepal, as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation during the trek (local lodges) based on double occupancy.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu (twin rooms with breakfast).
- 3 meals per day during the trek.
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu (domestic flight).
- English-speaking, local expert guide.
- 1 porter for every 2 trekkers.
- Sagarmatha National Park fees.
- Trekkers' Information Management System fees.
- Equipment clothing and insurance for all porters and staff.
- Government TAX/VAT.
- Pre-registration free assessment and post-registration personalized training plan.
- The presence of the trip leader, Manal Rostom.
The Price Excludes:
- International airfare.
- Single supplement.
- All personal expenses like bottled mineral water which you can buy from the tea houses on the trail, mobile charging in the lodges, alcohol, bottled drinks, etc.
- Medical and Travel Insurances (compulsory).
- Hot showers during the trek.
- Personal gear equipment.
- Cost due to an early descent.
- Optional Heli 4,500 USD per heli (paid in Nepal).
- Expenses due to bad weather, cancelled flights.
- Emergency Helicopter Rescue charges.
- Meals not included in the itinerary.
- International airport taxes.
- Excess baggage charges.
- PCR test or quarantine expenses.
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road challenges or operating conditions. At any moment, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.
Also, the trip's price does not cover expenses that may occur due to conditions beyond Rahhalah's control (force majeure). Such cases include but are not limited to extreme weather conditions, flight cancellations or delays, and natural phenomena (earthquakes, volcano eruptions, hurricanes, etc.). We, the Rahhalah team, both in our HQ and on the ground, will do our best to assist you with alternative arrangements (like new accommodation and/or transportation arrangements, revised itinerary and activities etc.), but ALL NEW COSTS incurred because of force majeure are to be covered by the traveler.
We strongly recommend that, before your departure, you purchase travel insurance that covers trip cancellation costs, loss of baggage or personal items, medical emergencies, and other unexpected circumstances that cannot be controlled by Rahhalah or any traveler.