Siberia is a vast Russian province encompassing most of Northern Asia. Its terrain includes tundra, coniferous forests and mountain ranges like the Ural, Altai and Verkhoyansk, while the harshness of its winters is legendary.
Amidst all this, though, there lies Lake Baikal: the jewel of Siberia and the focus of our trip. It is the world’s deepest and largest freshwater lake, encircled by a network of hiking paths that belong to the Great Baikal Trail. The Trans-Siberian Railway that connects Moscow with the Sea of Japan passes by there, and its old, Circum-Baikal part remains a marvel of engineering and a section of breathtaking beauty. Join us on this exciting adventure, as we explore one of the most majestic and sensational areas of Asia.
Get ready to:
- Spend a few days by Lake Baikal: the largest freshwater lake by volume in the world, containing 22–23% of the world's fresh surface water.
- Visit the Taltsy Architectural and Ethnological open-air museum where you can get a feel of life and architecture in Siberia.
- Enjoy a spectacular visit to the Baikal museum where, among others, you will meet the famous Baikal seals, and go on an interactive diving tour to the bottom of the lake.
- Reach the Chersky Stone: an observation platform from where you will enjoy stunning views on Lake Baikal.
- Trek along the amazing Circum Baikal Railway: an engineering marvel and historical monument.
- Hike on the picturesque trail of Bolshie Koty village.
- Discover the secrets of Irkutsk through a walking tour.
Activities: cultural interactions, cultural sightseeing, hiking/trekking, nature watching, Birds Watching
- The above rate is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement amounts to 500 EUR per person.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/reservation. All prices are subject to change.
- All accommodation is subject to change to a similar one depending on availability.
- The above cost is valid for a group of min 6 travelers. Rahhalah reserves the right to change the price if the trip runs with a smaller group.
The Price Includes:
- 4-night accommodation: 2 nights in Irkutsk in the Marriott Hotel (4*) and 2 nights in Listvyanka in the “Krestovaya Pad” hotel or similar).
- One group airport transfer upon arrival and one upon departure.
- Meals, as described in the itinerary (B, L, D).
- English-speaking guide.
- Transport services as per the itinerary.
- Entrances to the museums included in the program (Taltsy Museum, Baikal museum).
- Irkutsk City Tour.
- Hiking along the Circum Baikal Railway.
- Hiking in the Bolshie Koty village.
The Price Excludes:
- International flights.
- Visa fees.
- Travel Insurance.
- Single Supplement.
- Optional activities.
- Meals not included above.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses.
- PCR test and quarantine expenses, if required.
Important:The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road challenges or operating conditions. At any moment, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.
Also, the trip's price does not cover expenses that may occur due to conditions beyond Rahhalah's control (force majeure). Such cases include but are not limited to extreme weather conditions, flight cancellations or delays, and natural phenomena (earthquakes, volcano eruptions, hurricanes, etc.). We, the Rahhalah team, both in our HQ and on the ground, will do our best to assist you with alternative arrangements (like new accommodation and/or transportation arrangements, revised itinerary and activities etc.), but ALL NEW COSTS incurred because of force majeure are to be covered by the traveler.
We strongly recommend that, before your departure, you purchase travel insurance that covers trip cancellation costs, loss of baggage or personal items, medical emergencies, and other unexpected circumstances that cannot be controlled by Rahhalah or any traveler.