Mount Ararat is a snow-capped, dormant volcanic cone and the highest mountain in Turkey (5,137m). Its summit is located 16 kms west of Iran and 32kms south of the Armenian border. Biblical accounts narrate that this is the place where Noah's Ark came to rest. The climbing season is from June to September (July and August are the best months).
Climbing Turkey's highest mountain is a unique experience, as it offers you the opportunity to explore one of the world’s rarest beauty spots, located within a culturally fascinating region.
Get ready to:
- Climb Mount Ararat, Turkey’s highest mountain and the legendary final resting place of Noah’s Ark.
- Experience the wild, breathtaking landscape of South-East Turkey.
- Hone your basic self-arrest, ice-axe, and crampon-use skills.
- Explore a culturally fascinating region that remains untouched by the tourist hordes.
Activities: climbing/bouldering, hiking/trekking
- This cost is based on Double Occupancy. Single Supplement cost amounts to 350 USD per person.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/reservation.
- All prices are subject to change.
- All accommodation is subject to change to a similar one depending on availability.
- The above cost is valid for a group of min 4 travelers. Rahhalah reserves the right to change the price if the trip runs with a smaller group.
The Price Includes:
- One group transfer from and to the airport in Agri (upon arrival and departure).
- Group transfer from Dogubayazit to Mount Ararat and back.
- A professional local, English-speaking guide.
- Pack animals for the equipment’s transportation on the mountain.
- 2 nights Hotel accommodation at Tehran Boutique hotel, Dogubayazit (double occupancy).
- Dinner on the first and last day (Day 1, and Day 6).
- All meals and soft drinks during the climb with cooking service.
- Sleeping mattresses and one tent for every 2 people.
- Climbing permits.
The Price Excludes:
- International and domestic flights.
- Meals not mentioned above.
- Visa fees.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Cost due to an early descent.
- Horses from Camp 1 to Cevirme village if needed.
- Additional activities.
- PCR test if required.
Important: The itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, road challenges or operating conditions. At any moment, the guide has the RIGHT to change the program for the safety and convenience of the travelers.
Also, the trip's price does not cover expenses that may occur due to conditions beyond Rahhalah's control (force majeure). Such cases include but are not limited to extreme weather conditions, flight cancellations or delays, and natural phenomena (earthquakes, volcano eruptions, hurricanes, etc.). We, the Rahhalah team, both in our HQ and on the ground, will do our best to assist you with alternative arrangements (like new accommodation and/or transportation arrangements, revised itinerary and activities etc.), but ALL NEW COSTS incurred because of force majeure are to be covered by the traveler.
We strongly recommend that, before your departure, you purchase travel insurance that covers trip cancellation costs, loss of baggage or personal items, medical emergencies, and other unexpected circumstances that cannot be controlled by Rahhalah or any traveler.